182. Increase your salary by $30,000-$50,000 per year - Apply for higher paying jobs while you are still employed
This is genius!
As you know, most people apply for jobs only when they are unemployed. This weakens their negotiation position. If you apply for a higher paying job while you still have a job, you have a very strong negotiation position to negotiate your salary.
- Do you think your employer may fire you?
- Are you too much stressed out for the job they want you to do? Too much work given to you?
- Did you advance in your job (like sales agent becomes sales manager, web designer becomes web developer, etc)
- Do you think your current employer will not give you a raise?
Then it is time to apply for a higher-paying job. They may pay you $30,000-$50,000 more per year! Imagine what this means to you if you have higher income! With the economy heating up and more companies are competing for employees...
Sales managers, marketing managers, web developers...these are $100,000 per year jobs!
You will find on this website the estimated salary they may pay you. like $81,000-$120,000 per year.
Apply for the jobs after you finished your day job, like in the evening or during the weekend.
Create a very professional CV, with as much detail as possible of your current job, so chances you are hired are much bigger. Tell them you are still at work at company XYZ and are looking to switch employer. They know, they want the job filled, so they know that you are still at work at another company, so they have to pay you more, or you won't take the job!
Take a day off, paid or unpaid vacation day to meet them in person and apply for the job.
You never know if this works out, if they pay you $30,000+ more each year, you may switch!